1 arranged in a stack
Adjectivestacked (more stacked, most stacked)
Stacked is an American television sitcom that premiered on Fox on April 13, 2005. On May 18, 2006, Stacked was cancelled, leaving five episodes unaired in the United States. The last episode aired on January 11, 2006. The five unaired episodes have since been aired in reruns in the UK and Israel.
PremiseStacked was hailed as the opposite of Cheers, instead of a smart person in a "dumb" place, it is based on the concept of dumb person in a "smart" place. A workplace ensemble comedy, Stacked revolves around Skyler Dayton (Pamela Anderson) who is tired of her non-stop partying lifestyle and bad choices in boyfriends. Wanting a major life change, she wanders into "Stacked Books", a small, family-run bookstore owned by Gavin Miller (Elon Gold) and his brother, Stuart (Brian Scolaro).
Divorced and unlucky in love himself, Gavin's inclined to regard Skyler as an embodiment of the vacuous, image-obsessed culture he has come to abhor. Stuart, however, is dazzled by Skyler's beauty and, much to Gavin's horror, offers her a job at their store, which she happily accepts as the first step in her quest for a steadier lifestyle. Unhappy that she's going to be minding the till next to such an intimidating bombshell is the store's sole other employee, Katrina (Marissa Jaret Winokur), who doles out doses of realism and cynicism. Rounding out the characters is the store's one steady customer, Harold March (Christopher Lloyd), a preeminent, but retired, rocket scientist.
The series has been sold to other television channels around the world including Paramount Comedy 1 in the United Kingdom, Channel 7 in Australia, True Series in Thailand, Italia 1 in Italy,TV3 in Norway as well as Comedy Central in Germany and on Comedy Central in Poland .
- You can't judge a book by its cover - especially when it's only covered by a miniskirt and a baby-tee.
- She sells books. Like you care.
- Pamela Anderson - Skyler Dayton, tired of her non-stop partying lifestyle, enters "Stacked," a small family-run bookstore, and takes a job.
- Elon Gold - Gavin Miller is divorced and unlucky in love. He sees Skyler as representative of the vacuous, image-obsessed culture he has come to abhor.
- Brian Scolaro - Stuart Miller is the brother of Gavin. He is smitten with Skyler and offers her a job at the store.
- Marissa Jaret Winokur - Katrina works at the store's coffee counter. She feels threatened by Skyler's presence. She is also chronically unlucky, having grown two sets of wisdom teeth, found herself knocked out while behind stage at an Aerosmith concert, and is always late for work.
- Christopher Lloyd - Professor Harold March is a regular customer to whom Katrina always reveals her nefarious plans. Skyler loves to play with his hair. He is always reading the newspaper. His presence commands gravitas, however whenever he speaks, he sounds like a crazy man.
- Dave Bernasconi - Plays Skyler's love interest.
The BookstoreAll of the books seen in the show are provided by HarperCollins. Books that are prominently displayed are based on New York Times Best Seller list. Some titles seen include State of Fear, Don Quixote, The Known World, Anansi Boys, and One Soldier's Story.
The entire bookstore is one main set, though there are three centric locales: the coffee shop, the till, and the back office, which has a door. There are stairs on the set next to the coffee shop, but it is unknown where they lead. There is also an elevator near the magazine racks, behind the coffee shop.
RatingsSeasonal rankings (based on average total viewers per episode) of Stacked on the Fox Network.
Season 1: 2005
Season 2: 2005-2006
DVD ReleaseOn December 12, 2006, Fox Home Entertainment released Stacked: The Complete Series on DVD. The set contains all 19 episodes, including the five not originally aired. The episodes as presented on the DVD set feature a truncated version of the opening theme. Bonus features include: Nipplegate: Getting Dressed With Pam, Show Us Your Bloopers, and Skyler Dayton's Guide To Dating.
stacked in German: Pamela Anderson in: Stacked
stacked in French: Stacked
stacked in Dutch: Stacked
stacked in Portuguese: Stacked
stacked in Swedish: Stacked
Junoesque, accumulated, agglomerate, aggregate, agreeable, amassed, amply endowed, assembled, becoming, bonny, braw, built, built for comfort, bunched, bundled, buxom, callipygian, callipygous, clumped, clustered, collected, combined, comely, conglomerate, congregate, congregated, cooked-up, cumulate, curvaceous, curvesome, curvilinear, curvy, cut out, cut-and-dried, cut-and-dry, fair, fascicled, fasciculated, fixed, gathered, glomerate, goddess-like, good-looking, goodly, heaped, in session, in the bag, joined, joint, knotted, leagued, likely, lovely to behold, lumped, massed, meeting, on ice, packaged, packed, personable, piled, planned, pleasing, plotted, pneumatic, prearranged, preconcerted, precontrived, premeditated, preordered, presentable, put-up, rigged, rounded, schemed, set-up, shapely, sightly, slender, statuesque, well-built, well-developed, well-favored, well-formed, well-made, well-proportioned, well-shaped, well-stacked, wrapped up